My Reflection



It was never perfect. 
My reflection that is. It was always too fluffy, too skinny, thinning hair, pimples. No matter what I did to work on one thing I would find something else to detest about my body. As someone who's been on both extreme spectrums of the scale, who's had tons of health issues, and was a perfectionist, how on earth could I ever find love in that mirror?
I remember 100s of times looking at my reflection and thinking, well this is as best as it's gonna get, and snarling at what I saw. But I started changing my mindset after having Owen. It took time to learn to love myself. I first had to start to like this person. I started with saying one nice thing about myself to myself in the mirror. You have amazing eyes Erin.
Saying little compliments to myself started to make me appreciate those things about me. Make me reflect that the outer appearance is just a host to the beautiful spirit inside. That body may never be perfect! I still have thinning hair, my weight fluctuates, but you know what? I'm ok with all that because the soul, spirit, and mindset that I have grown over these years is more beautiful than anybody could be!
So take a look at that mirror, start to like and appreciate that person staring back at you, because they are the most important person in your life!

Comments

Popular Posts