Learning Body Positivity form LeeLoo



It started to happen in my Senior year after I decided to stop starving myself and start to eat again. ⁣
Don’t get me wrong I realized that I needed food to live, but food, was still my enemy and I was determined if I needed to have it in my body that I was going to work it off every single day. This mindset didn't allow me to just do 30-60 minute workouts. No, I’m talking about 2 hour walks everyday rain or shine, or 2-hour cardio sessions on the treadmill. I remember thinking if I want to have that meal I have to burn off those calories so I can eat it! The anxiety of what if eating my 1200 diet put a pound on my body would keep me up at night and freaking out over the scale.⁣
It took a very long time for me to fight through this disorder. My food struggles from overeating to starving, to over working out, to withholding, to finally accepting that being healthy and loving myself is all that truly matters took a very long time and a lot of mindset work. The severity of my disorder lessened as I grew older and became more self knowledgeable and loving, but it took years to get to where I am. The truth is you are never cured of body dysmorphia but what you can be is aware and ever growing as a person. This allows you to realize when you may slip and keep your focus on the good things going on in your life.⁣
Leeloo never had to deal with body dysmorphia. Being created as the perfect being caused her a much different set of worries and anxieties. She had to fight through her own evils to become the fish element and save her self and the world. ⁣
Have you ever struggled with an eating disorder?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts