For The honor of Grayskull


It started after my car accident.

I was already weak in my mindset but when my body became feeble, I just shut myself off. The chronic pain that flooded through my neck, back and right arm left me scared of being touched. The fact that the pain meds only enhanced my sensitivity didn’t even cross my mind. I was a completely different person. I used to sit on Randy’s lap, lean against him, hold his hand for everything, but that all changed after the car accident. I was afraid to be touched, afraid to be hurt. Things only got worse as Randy and I started to grow apart over the years. No longer did we sit next to each other or on on the same sofa even. I would normally take the floor. We didn’t hold hands anymore and touches of affection hardly ever happened between us.

This all changed when I stopped taking my pain meds and started to work on handling my chronic pain without them, The added fact that the two of us almost separating was something I knew I had to fix. We had a renewed determination to get to know each other again. I stopped flinching at the slightest touch, I've started to cuddle with him on the sofa again, my hand is often found in his, and signs of affection are often shared between us now. I realized that I may still be in chronic pain, but having the strength of my partner right there to support me through it made me able to handle it that much more. Allowing others to get close to me and only strengthened my determination to push past my pain. The more I learned how much life I was allowing myself to miss the more I realized I am worth having a life of joy. Even if the pain will always be there. 

Adora was stolen from her parents on Eternia as a tiny baby. Hordak brought her to Etheria. Growing up in the Fright Zone, she had her true self hidden from her. Shadowweave, Hordak's evil sorceress, had been placing a spell on Adora to keep her from finding out the truth about her past. Under her power, Adora couldn't see what the Evil Hoard was doing to the innocent people. Things changed when Prince Adam, Adora’s twin brother, came to find the true owner of the Sword of Protection, Adora. She raised her sword and said, “For the honor of Greyskull!” The magic overthrew the evil spell and turned Adora into She-Ra, Princess of Power, and fighter for all that is good!

Have you hidden apart of yourself away?

Comments

Popular Posts