Leaving The Street Rat Behind and Standing Up to Your Problems


It was one of the hardest things I had done in years. 
My father was a man of strong opinions. One of those was of my then boyfriend, Randy. He was neither rich nor Jewish, so in my father’s eyes, he wasn’t good enough. Myself I saw a man with a good strong and kind heart and one of great potential. My father got so sick of me seeing Randy one day he made me choose, him or Randy. For someone who grew up taking care of her parents having someone look out for ME was amazing. I chose Randy. 
From that day the relationship between my father and I was never the same. Shortly after my marriage to Randy, my father and I stopped talking. It was 6 years of silence, but when Sammy turned 1 I had a dream that it was time to reconnect. That call to my father and talking to him for the first time in years scared the hell out of me. I was weaker then so doing something other than run away was completely out of my nature. But I never regretted that call! Because of that call, I got 3 geed years with my father. 3 years of reconnecting and having him get to know Sam.
Aladdin was the king of running from his problems! I mean he was a street rat, he’d steal and hide from the guards. It wasn’t until he changed inside and found the love of Jasmine that he stepped up into the hard and stopped running. HE faced Jafar and became King of Agrabah!
Do you run away from the hard in your life?

Comments

Popular Posts