That Time I Could Afford to Buy Milk For My Daughter


There was a time in our lives that we couldn’t afford to buy milk.

I remember it so vividly. Randy was out of a full-time job and doing this and that to just make money for the little things. We were out of milk and Sammy wanted some. I had to tell my poor baby that the store was out of milk, all because we didn’t have $3. We had used up all our change on the last minimal grocery run. I stayed up that night crying my eyes out. Through this time I beat myself up as a mother. I was a terrible person, how can I be in charge of this life when I can’t afford to get her necessities such as milk? It took about 2 days before we could scrounge up the money.

I look back at this time with a wiser eye. Instead of thinking that one little hardship was the end of the world. I should have been trying to bring up what good I was doing for and with Sammy during that terrible time. Instead, I spent that those few days thinking of what we were lacking, and in turn, I let that negative thinking ruin moments with her that I could have made special. When situations like this happen now, ya ok I freak out at first, I am human, but then I take myself out of the situation, realize that this is temporary and that what I do next effects how everything plays out. I can go into it with a closed mindset. It’s the end of the world! Or I can go in fighting, sure this sucks ass, but we’ll get through it and how can we make the most of it!?

Thanos was one to always look at the negative. So much so he thought in order to save the universe's lack of resources he had to destroy half of everything in existence. He started to collect all the infinity stones and snapped away half of all everyone knew. If he had stepped back and relooked at things, he could have found an alternative way.

When you're stuck in terrible situations do you only think of the negative or look for something positive?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts