Asking For Help Makes You A Sharper Arrow



Have you ever felt ashamed to ask for help?⁣

OMG, I was miss pride over here! I came from an upper-middle-class Jewish family and here I was with my second child, living in a room at the in-law's house and needing WIC to help feed my baby! ⁣

Randy and I were starting to turn things around for what seemed like the 100th time in our lives, after losing our house. The fact that I needed aid to get formula for Owen filled me with shame! I remember my first time using the checks. Each check has a listing of foods printed on them, and you have to use each check as a separate transaction. I felt so embraced doing 2 or 3 transactions and holding other people up. ⁣

But something started to occur to me. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I’m doing what I need to do for my baby! I’m being the bigger person in stepping up for him and making sure he has the best that I can give him! That’s not shameful, fuck that’s honorable! Those checks helped us get a leg up and Owen is healthy and happy because of them because I stepped up and asked for help!⁣

Oliver was one who was hell-bent on completing his mission for his father without help. But he quickly learned that with the help of Diggle and Felicity he was able to save so many more lives and was intact much stronger with their aid! Even heroes need help!⁣

When was a time you were stronger after asking for help?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts