Don't Let The Horde Taint What You Love



We have the power to allow things to affect us.
This would happen to me all the time at the in-laws. Not that I didn’t like them, but I didn’t like living with them. My in-laws would frequently watch shows like Leverage, Bones, and other procedural shows, a bunch I liked. But over time I associated this shows with the negative things that happened to me living there since those shows were always on. 
If I started to hear the theme songs of those shows my stomach would turn with memories I didn't want to have. Over time I started to think though! I was the one stopping me for watching not the in-laws. I realize that I just need to shut that association off and enjoy the shows for what they are, awesome! 
Catra did this in the new She Ra! She started to associate Adora with everything negative that started to happen to her, causing unjust hatred for her once beloved friend. 
Have you ever let past feelings or emotions taint something you once loved?

Comments

Popular Posts