Fighting the Victim Mindset



Do you live in a victim mindset?⁣

I did for many years as a kid. And what I dreaded was my mother. My mom suffered from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. She was a hermit but she also would abuse her pain meds. I didn’t understand what getting high was at 8 years old but I know I didn't like it when Mommy was "Bad", glassy eyes, slurry words, nodding off with her cigarettes in her hand. I do remember that I dreaded hearing her cane clink past my door at night. I knew that if she was hovering by my door it meant that she had an accident on her way to the bathroom that I would have to clean up. This always seemed to happen 1am to 3am.⁣

I lived in fear and was a complete victim as a child. I would try to tell my father and grandparents but the situation was unchangeable. It wasn’t until I was in high school that I was old enough to choose to live with my father the lesser of the two evils at the time. This victim mindset is not something I tolerate now!⁣

Gamora was abused as a child by Thanos. She lived in constant anxiety about what he may make her do or what torture he may do to her or her sister! As she grew older she was able to push past being the victim and stand up to her parent figure!⁣

Have you lived as the victim before?⁣


Comments

Popular Posts