Have You Been A Great Pretender Like Freddie Mercury?



Have you ever been such a great pretender, that not many know who you truly are?
I used to pretend to be someone else all the time. If I met someone new I would conform myself to fit in with their likings and wants, so that I fit in. Hiding who I really was in fear that they wouldn't like me. The bad thing is about that is that since no one knew who I truly was I was always lonely even surrounded by a crowd of people. 
I started to change myself for everyone, Randy, Sammy, even Owen. But when I finally embraced myself my dark, grey and light!? That's when I stopped being lonely, that's when I changed and I changed for me, that's when I found happiness. It's amazing that even when I am physically alone, I'm not lonely anymore because I embrace and love every part of who I am!
Freddie Mercury went through this as well. Trying to be this amazing icon. While inside he was so lonely and lost. This darkness even caused the band to break up for a time. It wasn't until Freddie found himself, loved himself, and surrounded himself with those who embraced his true self that he and the band reunited for the greatest concert of all time!
Do you still struggle with finding who you really are?

Comments

Popular Posts