I'm Doing It The Mulan Way



What self-limitations are you putting on yourself? ⁣

I used to put a ton on myself, especially after my car accident. Using my pain as a constant excuse to not push myself where I knew I could. So basically I kept myself, prisoner, in my own life. I can’t reach that shelf because it’ll hurt too much. I can’t ride a horse anymore because it’ll pull my arm. I can’t go to that function because I’m in too much pain at night. ⁣

When frankly I hardly tried to do these things I just had that mindset I couldn’t! The funny thing is is that I found out I can do almost everything now, and that revelation came after I got off my pain meds. After that constant reminder that I was “disabled” was taken away the pain and loss of motion thoughts stopped me no more!⁣

Mulan could have let her cultures beliefs of woman stop her from taking her fathers place as a warrior in the Chinese Army. But she didn't! She crushed those beliefs and in doing so saved China!⁣

What restraints do you have that are holding you back?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts