Don't Get Tangled In A Web Of Regret



Losing someone is never easy but having regrets about how you got to spend your last moments with them, can destroy you if you let it. ⁣
When I was in high school I traveled down the long and sticky web of anorexia. It was an evil and malicious monster that I allowed to consume me and take me over. I was never skinny enough and seeing food filled me with fear of what it might do to my body. I felt I had control and yet total lack of it at the same time. But the worst part of this disease was I allowed it to separate me from my family to hide it. I allowed it to keep me away from my Grammy while she was fighting and dying of cancer.⁣
We were both fighting for our lives, but while she was a warrior in battle I was the spy who chose to run away to live another day. I let anorexia keep me from spending that time with my Grammy.  It wasn’t until she passed that I awakened from the haze but then regret seemed to loom. For many years I held my head in shame. It took me many years to forgive myself for being the coward I felt I was, but I’ve come to accept that at the time that was what I needed to do. I know my Grammy is looking over me today beaming at how I’ve grown and the beautiful family I have. Because neither of us is living in the past! She is 1 of my angels guiding me to a better future!⁣
Spider Gwen also had regret for the loss of a loved one. She was the one who caused her Peter Parker’s death. Peter was also fighting a battle within himself. He created a serum that turned him into a monster. In order to save lives, Gwen killed Peter, a loss that wayed heavy on her. But as with me she focused on the now and her future she allowed that regret to fuel her forwards instead of living in the past!⁣
Have you let regret keep you from living?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts