Don't Go Rogue On What Good You Do!


I would always tear myself down, even when I accomplished something amazing!⁣
I remember coming home from school one day with an A- on painting assignment. In my opinion (now) that’s a pretty awesome grade. But for the past me it wasn’t good enough. I remember spending hours going over that painting and picking it apart. What I thought was good work just a few hours ago now discussed me. I would go through this vicious cycle of self-criticism all through my childhood and young adult life. I came to the conclusion that no matter what I did I was never good enough!⁣
Things changed though when I tweeted my perception of myself! I WAS good enough! I look at things differently now. Instead of letting the someone else opinion of my capabilities affect me, I let the effort, and growth I gained in doing the task remind me of how awesome I am. Gone are the days of destroying myself over what someone thoughts of my work because I know that as long as I worked hard and felt I did good work then I achieved greatness.⁣
Rogue would tear herself down all the time. She spent most of the time when she was learning how to use her powers thinking they made her a monster. It took her spending time with the X-men to learn what amazing good they could help her do for others!⁣
Do you overlook the good you do by only seeing the what isn't perfect or what you could have done better?

Comments

Popular Posts