Engage The Control Of Your Thoughts



For years I would allow others negativity to completely destroy me. 
If someone would say something bad about me I would take it to heart! So much so that I would allow those words to break me down further, and even add to it. The sad thing is I would continue the abuse further for days, constantly bring up those harmful words and making sure I was punished enough. 
Something like this recently happened to me. And I found myself quickly falling back into old habits. I over analyzed and couldn’t allow those negative thoughts to go away. But I caught myself. Why and I allowing these words of someone who isn’t important in my life affecting me so much! Am I still a good person, YES! Do I still have everyone and thing I love, YES! Then why the fuck am I wasting my energy bring up negativity instead of enjoying the now!? And with that realization, I was able to just let it go! My thoughts are my own worst enemy or my greatest power! I am aware of how to control them now and I will not let them control me!
In Picard's time as Locutus, he did horrible things and had horrible things done to him! These tortures haunted him for months and years afterward. It wasn't until he was able to come to let go what was and live in the now. Embrace the good he was bringing to the Federation and all those he cared about that he was able to find happiness again!
Have you found that power over your thoughts yet?

Comments

Popular Posts