Stop Hiding Your Negativity In Your Shell


Keeping negative thoughts hidden only allows them to eat you from the inside!⁣

I remember when I was 8 years old I kept something hidden from my mom for almost 6 months. See I had just seen E.T. and the scenes of the film were fresh in my mind. It was recess and we were playing tackle tag where the IT person had to tackle the person they targeted. It was my turn to tackle and when I finally honed in on my target I tackled him and pumped on his chest like I saw done in E.T. Not understanding what CPR really was and the damage it could do to someone NOT in need.⁣

I got in trouble in school and was so ashamed at realizing I could have hurt my friend that I hid this incident deep inside myself. I remember every interaction with my mom was painful because that truth of what I had done was bubbling inside me to get out. But I was so scared of how ashamed my mom would be of me. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore and I told my mom. She was more upset that I tortured myself by keeping this a secret than she was of what actually happened. I learned then that burying a truth that needs to get out only hurts you more!⁣

As the leader for the Turtles, Leonardo, had to make sure they kept their existence a secret for many years. It wasn’t until he opened up and allowed him and his brothers to reveal themselves to April that the Turtles truly found their destiny!⁣

What negativity have you kept inside that has tormented you?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts