The Speedster Thoughts Of An ADD Mom



I have probably been thought to be inconsiderate at times.⁣

With an ADD brain, my mind always seems to be going a mile a minute. In the process of this, something I may think I need to do can be forgotten while new thoughts barge into my brain. This tends to happen a lot with family and friends. I would often get complimented on something and be so excited that I would forget to extend the conversation past the thank you and onto the so how are YOU doing?⁣

I don’t know if any of you have had this problem. But this is something that I have been actively working on the past year. Trying to slow down that speed force in my brain so that what is in my heart actually comes out to those I love and doesn’t get swept up in the storm. Meditation has helped a great deal for this! I’m not talking about 20 minute Ohms lol. Every morning I wake up and take about 12 minutes of reflection. I listen to a guided meditation that takes me through my consciousness, what I am grateful for, envisioning where I want to be years from now, picturing my perfect day and then it ends with a thank you to spirit universe or God or gods who guide you! (If you want the link let me know). This has helped me slow down and take that extra 5 seconds to think and allow my heart to not be trampled by my brain!⁣

I know Nora Allen had that same problem. When she came back into the past to see her father, she was speeding with so much excitement she couldn’t slow down and think before she acted. This often causes her to make mistakes. Once she slowed down she was able to take the time she needed to perform as the capable speedster her father knew she could!⁣

Is it hard for you to slow down?⁣

Comments

Popular Posts