To Hell With Embarrassment!


I’m embarrassed to grow and admit I need to!
I used to think that self-improvement books were hokey, that you were messed up if you needed them. I would wonder how can reading or listening to someone telling you-you were great really change your life. Because as damaged as my life was, there was no way I was gonna admit that I needed help. 
The day I read my first book it wasn’t an immediate life-altering effect, but I picked some things apart and realized that for somethings I needed to take action. I need to realize that I was damaged and the actions I was taking in my life were keeping me there. I hate to admit it but I was completely embarrassed to share that I was reading these books and listening to motivation and that I was liking it. That all changed when I realized that this is MY life so why am I worried about what others think if I am becoming happier and starting to grow with their help? I’ve been a PROUD personal development junkie ever since. 
Hellboy was a completely different kind of being from any he grew up with. Struggling with his differences was been hard for him growing up. But that didn’t stop him from going out and doing good for others! Fighting the demons and monsters who appeared in our realm, and rescuing the occasionally lost cat along the way!
What are you embraced about that is actually helping you and why are you embraced by it?!?

Comments

Popular Posts