I Am More Than Just A Mother!


I am more than just a mother!
“Erin, what do you want for yourself in 3 years?” That statement seemed easy to answer! I want my kids to be doing well, I want Randy to be doing well, I want us to have two cars, I want Sammy to get extra tutoring! I want to get her and Owen into whatever classes and activities they want to be in no matter the cost! I want to never HAVE to tell my kids we can't afford something.
“No Erin, you don’t get it! I don’t want to know what you want as a mom for your family, I want to know what YOU want?! If YOU could have everything YOU wanted in 3 years, what would you have? Who would you be? What makes you happy!?” At that statement, I faltered. Holy shit my mind was a blank. There was nothing I wanted. Well, I was wrong because there was a ton I wanted but I wasn’t allowing myself to embrace that I wanted those things. See as a Mom, as someone who struggled with everything her whole life, I learned not to want much, cause I knew I wasn’t going to get it, and if I could get something it should go to my kids, right?! 
I was wrong. How was I supposed to live a happy and fulfilling life if I had nothing to push for and celebrate myself. To create my identity. To show my kiddos that if you fight, have goals and visions, put good into the world and work hard that you will be rewarded even if it takes time! So from then on every day I made envisioning myself in 3 years vision apart of my meditation in the mornings. Over time I developed quite a list of things I want for myself and goals I intend to accomplish!
Mile Morales had to discover who he was as a person in order to embrace his new role as Spider-Man. He had to realize what his true potential was and look past the ordinary mundane old life he was used to. He had to reach and embrace his new title as a superhero!
So how can you expect to push and move forward if you have no dreams or goals?!

Comments

Popular Posts