The Power of Your Dreams!



You’ll never become anything with that dream!
As a kid, I loved so many things. Hoses, cats, whales, art, movies, fantasy, and sci-fi. I had dreams of becoming many great things but none seemed to satisfy my Grammy. She was my caretaker when I was young. She would take me to school, made sure to hire someone to clean our tiny apt, grocery shop for my Mom, and she made sure I knew how to take care of my mom by the age of 8 on my own. She was a person who believed in the facts and what you could see. So my crazy dreams seem frivolous to her. She would often tell me to stay in the real world and take a path that already is known to lead to success. 
For years I followed her advice until my passion for art outgrew her warnings. Becoming a graphic designer/illustrator was not something Grammy approved of, being an artist wasn’t a job as stable as a doctor, or a successful business owner. In fact, it was a path that seemed to follow in my mother's footsteps when she was well. A free spirit, a being who follows their heart and not the sensible. But I had to! My Grammy passed before I could show her my true potential, but I know that as much as I love her, not following her advice has given me so much blessing and brought happiness to so many people!
Kimberly knows all about embracing her dreams. Her dream of being a gymnast is something most would think to be ridiculous, but she followed her heart no matter what others said. That also included her journey as a Power Ranger!
Has someone you love ever told you your dreams were wrong?

Comments

Popular Posts