A Catty Manipulation


She would manipulate me and I would blindly let her.

My mom along with all her other health issues had been a heavy smoker. 3.5 packs a day I’m talking about. So heavy the nicotine started to clog the veins in her legs (burgers disease) and they had to be amputated up to the knees. The doctor said that if she kept smoking it would kill her. Right around that time is when I stepped away from my mom. I lived with my father and didn’t talk to her for a few years. My Grandfather had discovered that she was abusing her pain meds and the Drs were able to get her off of them. After this discovery, I got back in touch with her around 2002. She was a new lively mother (in a wheelchair). I had always dreamed that my mom would stay sober, bad things happened when she was high. When I would go hang with this new person at her apt we’d watch shows and just chill. Things seemed to fall back in place to how it was, two “Friends” hanging out. 

But things started to change when my mom started to approach me to pick her up cigarettes. Growing up a caretaker I was a people pleaser and I was so happy to have this new mother in my life (a position I had always hope would be filled) that I went out of my way to do anything to please her. Not taking two seconds to realize that saying yes was just feeding one of her abusive and manipulative behaviors. For months I would fetch her the poison, that was unknowing to me killing, her. I don’t think I was ever so happy to have her sober. But looking back, I do see how manipulative she still was.

Catwoman is the queen of manipulation. She is always toying with Batman like a cat to a mouse, to get her way. This normally results in her getting away with some sort of expressive or priceless object. She like many manipulators fails to look at those around her and tends to only see herself. 

Have you ever been manipulated by a loved one?

Comments

Popular Posts