How Prejudging Can Cause Hate


I would spend my days judging others.⁣

She shouldn't be doing that. He shouldn't be eating this. Wow, really you're going to make that move? I would criticize others in my head because of my lack of self-confidence in myself and my abilities, to pick myself up. In doing so I put myself at a distance to get to know a lot of people, by prejudging them. This happened all through my childhood and young adult years. ⁣

This judgemental way of thinking started to change the more I hung out with my in-laws. They LOVED reality game shows. So most nights some poor soul was going to get their lives torn down without them knowing by them. Take The Voice. A singer would be up on stage singing their heart out and my MIL would trash her (mind you she has no musical experience or training). Watching this happen night after night I saw how ugly it could make someone and show the lack of self-love they had for themselves. So I made a conscious decision to try to stop prejudging someone without getting to know them first.⁣

Vonya was part of the Umbrella Academy, but she was kept at a distance because her powers were so severe. When the family reunited after their father's death, instead of getting to know Vonya again as an adult her siblings judged her and pushed her away. In doing so they helped to turn her into The evil White Violin. ⁣

How many times do you prejudge someone? ⁣

Comments

Popular Posts