I'm Talking to Myself Goku Style


It wasn’t a conversation I would ever have had with anyone else.
All through my life, I would continually put myself down. “God Erin you are such a fuck up” “way to go Erin only you could have done that” “Why were you born, you’re such a waste of space.” Thoughts like that would go through my mind since I was a kid. I mean I was told by my mom that my dad wanted my her to abort me. The sayings in my head ranged from minor nitpicks and could progress to live wondering questions. Never did I second guess them and never did it occur to me that talking about myself like that was hurting me. I mean I didn’t deserve to be talked to with love. So how could I since I didn’t love myself!?
It didn’t happen magically or all at once, but as I started to educate myself and grow, those harmful things I would say to myself started to lessen. It really hit home when I was reading about self-love. Books I would read would bring up "would you EVER talk to anyone you care about the way you talk to yourself?" WOW BOOM, my mind was blown! So I started to stop, every time I went into the bathroom I’d look in the mirror and say something positive about myself. Sure I felt stupid doing it but the more I started to look and talk to that reflection in the mirror the more she stopped being just a reflection and started to be Erin! I’m not gonna lie and say I talk to myself perfectly all the time but hell do I have so much more respect and love for myself these days than I used to!
Goku wasn’t always the kind and selfless hero he’s now known to be. When he was a child he was very troubled and had no love for himself or how he treated others. It wasn’t until he fell and was in a concussion for a period of time that he was able to heal his inner self and become the amazing hero that made Dragon Ball Z so famous!
How do you talk to yourself

Comments

Popular Posts