There is Always Light to be Seen in Every Darkness


How could there be anything positive when so much was wrong? 
As Sammy was growing up we would have some rough days. I mean to the point where I was crying thinking I was a terrible mother. I'd see all these “perfect” mothers out there and here I was with my ADHD child. My days were full of yelling and screaming from the fact that listening wasn’t something that Sammy was capable of doing. I mean how many times did I need to tell her to stop jumping on the sofa in one day? The fact that her brain isn’t wired to think before she acts wasn’t something my pissed off mind could understand.
When it was bedtime all I could think of was how much of a horrible kid Sammy must have felt she was. I mean all she did was not listen, there was nothing to praise. But that’s when I realized I had to change my perspective. Erin, there is always something to praise, you just have to look for it, no matter how small it is. So every day I started to thank her and tell her how much I appreciated her help for the small things that I once overlooked. Helping out with Owen, putting her dishes away, doing her homework without complaining. This changed how I felt about Sammy and how I felt about myself as a mother! No longer was I focusing only on her negatives, but realizing how many positive things she was doing in a day. 
Sammy, I am so blessed to have you in my life! I am so proud and grateful for you! You make me a better person, even on struggle days!
Billy Batson had a harsh life growing up. He was an orphan and would jump from home to home. Despite his situation, he always had a positive attitude toward his life and others. Because of this, he was chosen by the ancient wizard to receive the powers of Shazam! Since then he’s used these powers and his positivity to help others!
Have you had trouble seeing the positive no matter how small?

Comments

Popular Posts