Learning to Enjoy The Present


I would always say the when I finally reached a certain goal, that’s when I would allow myself to be happy. 
Take finishing a paper or getting a job. I used to withhold thinking about all the good things that were happening in my life at the current moment. I didn’t feel like I was deserving of feeling them until I reached my final goals. The first time I was in college I had a really big thesis paper. I poured my heart and soul into this paper and felt that I couldn't allow myself to celebrate the events happening in my life till I got that grade. I mean my whole world depended on that grade right?!
I was wrong. Yes, papers, tests, getting a job, and other goals we have are so important but not so much that we miss out on the joys happening in our lives right now! What's the point of not allowing myself to be happy with my kids, because I feel I don’t deserve it unless I get an awesome graphic design job? No, I will go out and enjoy my life and still work hard to reach my goals. How can the universe know you are worthy of what you want if you are grateful for what it’s already given to you?
Spider-Woman also suffered from allowing herself to find happiness in her life. She was solely focused on being liked by the other Avengers who had yet to trust her when she joined. She would beat herself up because she was always left out of the group. Instead of thinking about what she actually had in her life that could make her happy. Jess finally came into her own and is now a proud member of the Avengers and able to enjoy the happiness in her current life instead of holding out.
Do you withhold joy from your life until you reach a certain goal?

Comments

Popular Posts